Essay Contest for the Youth. Please take a look at the below information for our youth.
The Ramallah Club of Jacksonville encourages all youth from ages 12-22 participate in the essay contest.
The 2013 Federation Essay Contest is now open (Members Only)
Rules and Regulations
The Essay Contest is open only to the youth whose parents are members of the American Federation of Ramallah, Palestine. Include parents name, address and phone number. Your mother’s maiden name if she did not marry within the Ramallah Federation community. 500 words or less, double spaced. Minimum of 300 words. Deadline for submission must be postmarked by May 15, 2013. All entries must be mailed, e-mailed or faxed to qualify.
Three age categories (Birthday must be before May 15, 2013)
12 – 14 | 15 – 17 | 18 – 22
Each essay must include name, age, address and phone number
– Each age category winner will be awarded a $400.00 scholarship and a plaque (total of 3) and essay will be published on the federation’s website and in Hathihe Ramallah Magazine.
– Second place winner in each category will receive $200.00 and a certificate (total of 3)
– Third place winner in each category will receive $100.00 and a certificate (total of 3)
– Fourth place winner will receive $50 (total of 3).
– Other participants, 6 in each category will receive $25 (total of 18).
(A) Age 12-14: If you could be someone else, who would it be and why?
(B) Age 15-17: What does democracy mean to you?
(C) Age 18-22: How important is your religion in getting through difficult times in your life?
All essays should discuss the impact on your values and beliefs based on your cultural upbringing. Also, include how you interact with your American friends and relationships with your family.
Judges (panel of 5)
Each judge will score every essay with the winner selected by their weighted average normalized score. The judges will be selected by the Chairman of the Essay Committee.
Deadline: Postmark by May 15, 2013
Mail, e-mail or fax material to:
AFRP Essay Contest
27484 Ann Arbor Trail
Westland, MI. 48185
(734) 425-3985 (FAX)
(734) 425-1600 (PHONE)
NOTE: It is participant’s responsibility to make sure essay was received.
Winning essays will be published on the federation’s website and in the Hathihe Ramallah magazine.